11/30/2006. Remarks by Jack McKillop
: "The unofficial (or marketing) name was the Condor 18 because of its 18-passenger capacity, whereas its major competitor, the Ford Tri Motor, could only carry 15 passengers max and this was a way to say that the Condor was a better aircraft. Six were built at Garden City, New York, USA, in two separate batches of three in expectation of sales to the booming air transport industry. First flight was in June 1929."