06/15/2013. Remarks by Kees Kort: "This aircraft was originally built in 1924 as a Gourdou-Leseurre B2 and was registered F-AGCH (c/n 43) on April 18, 1924.
In May 1934 it was converted to an aerobatic monoplane, redesignated Gourdou-Leseurre B6 and allotted the new c/n 1. It was fitted with a Hispano-Suiza 9Qd engine and a characteristic undercarriage. The fuselage was of typical mixed metal-wood construction and the parasol wing had an extra sturdy and complex strutting to the fuselage.
The conversion was made special for Jérôme Cavalli (1905-1943), at that time Gourdou-Leseurre's chief test pilot. He was a famous aerobatic flyer, especially praised for his inverted flying and he gained many French and USA decorations."
The two individuals seated on the left are Andre and Simone Morin (contributor Dominique Morin's grandparents), the man standing on the right is Jérôme Cavalli.