08/31/2015. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk: "This somewhat grandiosely-named monoplane had every appearance of being a development of the Land/Sea Monoplane of 1915, and was probably built in 1916. It was a neat aeroplane of simple outline, powered by an Anzani radial engine of 100 hp which drove a four-bladed airscrew.
The fuselage was of rectangular cross-section with a rounded decking, whereas all previous Blackburn monoplanes, including the Land/Sea trainer, had fuselages of triangular section. The wings were attached to the upper longerons, and lateral control was by means of wing-warping. The undercarriage legs were of an unusual form: they were a compromise between the old type with horizontal skids and the later V-type. No doubt this was to some extent dictated by the necessity to provide points of anchorage for the flying wires and points of attachment for the pulleys over which the warping cables ran. The tail-skid was probably a standard B.E.2c component.
The White Falcon's designed purpose and history are alike obscure. It has been described as a military monoplane, but it is hard to see what military function it could discharge. It was normally flown from the rear seat, and the observer in the front seat could observe little; nor could he use a gun satisfactorily, surrounded by bracing and warp-balance cables running up to the cabane struts. It may have been designed as a trainer.
The machine bore the monogram of company test pilot W. Rowland Ding on the rudder, and was probably used by him either for pleasure or as a means of personal transport."