Fourteen Y.1S (also known as Y.150S) were built, including two delivered to the
the US Navy for evaluation, designated JH-1, BuNo. 0908 and 0909.
PH-APY was ferried to Holland by ship, arriving September 24, 1937.
Registered on September 25, it made its first flight in Holland from
Schiphol on October 8. Used by KLM to train pilots how to handle
aircraft with tricycle landing gear it was sold to the RAF on May 30,
1939. The RAF used it also for tricycle landing gear trials until it
was scrapped in February, 1942.