GRAHAM PETERSON COLLECTION
No. 8327. Douglas F-6A Skyray (134748 c/n 10342) US Navy
Photographed at Pima Air and Space Museum, Tucson, Arizona, USA, June 22, 2004, by Graham Peterson
11/30/2008. Produced in 1956 as a F4D-1 the aircraft was redesignated F-6A in 1962. Withdrawn from service it was stored at AMARC, Tucson Arizona, on July 19, 1966. Destined for preservation the aircraft was listed to the Naval Aviation Museum on May 11, 1967, and subsequently loaned to the museum at Pima. It is pictured in the markings of the Douglas Aircraft Testing Division, ca. 1961.
Created November 30, 2008