04/30/2012. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk: "This aircraft was built by Weserflug at Liegnitz, (in Silesia, now known as Legnica in Poland) in early 1945, soon thereafter it was captured by US forces at Merseburg, Germany. It was transported to the USA and test flown at Wright Field, Ohio, with the Foreign Evaluation number FE-4010, which later was changed to T2-4010. On January 3, 1949 it was donated to the NASM."
Read the History Brief .