DAN SHUMAKER COLLECTION
No. 11525. Harlow PJC-1 (NC18978 c/n 1)
Aeroplane Photo Supply (APS) Photo No. 1495

Harlow PJC-1

09/30/2012. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk: "Max Harlow was a teacher at the Pasadena Junior College, Pasadena, California, USA. He designed the four-seat PJC-1 which was constructed and assembled by students at the Grand Central Air Terminal in nearby Glendale. Powered by an 145 hp Warner Scarab engine and registered X18136, the PJC-1 was first flown on September 14, 1937. Before the end of the year the aircraft crashed while conducting spin tests.

In 1938, Harlow formed the Harlow Engineering Corporation, which was renamed Harlow Aircraft Corporation in the same year, and a production batch was built during 1939-1940, designated PJC-2. With thanks to Joe Harris of Blackwell, Oklahoma (who is rebuilding c/n 2, N31PJ with the wings of c/n 5), the eleven aircraft built can be accounted for. Four of these aircraft were impressed into USAAF service as UC-80s in WW II."
Created August 31, 2012