01/31/2018. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk: "The Ju 388 was the final development of the Junkers Ju 88 series to be built, and the pictured one was the last of six prototypes. Coded "PE+IF" it was captured at the armament trials establishment Tarnewitz on the coast of the Baltic Sea and flown to Farnborough in the UK, where it arrived on September 1, 1945. With the Air Ministry number "83" it appeared in the static display during the German Aircraft Exhibition in October/November 1945. It was scrapped at Cranfield ca. 1950."
Read the History Brief .