03/31/2008. Powered by two 205 hp de Havilland Gipsy Six II six-cylinder, air-cooled, inverted in-line engines the M.8 Peregrine was Miles' the first twin-engined aircraft. Registered in the 'Class B' markings U-9 (c/n 300), it was flown for the first time by C.O. Powis at Woodley in August 1936. It could accommodate two crew and six passengers. Later it was registered
G-AEDE, however, it was dismantled in
The pictured aircraft was the second and last example built, fitted with two Menasco B6S Buccaneer six-cylinder, air-cooled, inverted
in-line engines. It was delivered to the Royal Aircraft Establishment for boundary layer trials and subsequently used as a flying laboratory.