DAN SHUMAKER COLLECTION
No. 9137. Douglas O-8 (25-408) US Army Air Service
Photographed October 18, 1926, source unknown
07/31/2009. The O-8 was a single experimental aircraft produced under the original O-2 observation biplanes contract and initially intended to be powered by an inverted Packard 1A-1500 but completed with a 400 hp Curtiss R-1454 nine-cylinder radial. Aircraft was later modified back to 0-2A standard.
Created July 31, 2009