05/31/2009. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk: "L.V.G. (Luft-Verkehrsgesellschaft, Air Transport Company) designed and produced the armed reconnaissance aircraft C.V in 1917. Striking features in the photo are the shape of the rudder, (typical for the L.V.G. C.V), thehorn-balanced ailerons, and the V-struts between fuselage and upper wing. It was powered by a 200 hp Benz Bz.IV in-line engine.
In service with the German army FA (A) 228 (Feldfliegerabteilung (Artillerie), flier department (artillery)) and serialed 9812/17, the pictured aircraft crash-landed near Catigny within allied lines on February 16, 1918. Both crew (a Lieutenant and a Corporal) escaped injuries, while the aircraft sustained a shattered propeller. The aircraft was given the British capture number G.135, and flown again with a replacement propeller.
Note: For obscure reasons the German marking have been retouched onto the image, while the background has been retouched as well."