09/30/2015. Remarks by Walter van Tilborg and Johan Visschedijk: "This aircraft was originally a Jodel DR.1050 Sicile built by Centre Est Aéronautique, Dijon, France. It was registered as F-BKGQ (c/n 239) to the Aero Club de Royan Medis at Saujon on February 6, 1962.
Ten years later the aircraft became a hybrid, fitted with the tail section of another Jodel design, the DR.220, while the fuselage received a small stretch. This conversion was done by Jack Moreau and Michel Rouet of Orsay, and hence the aircraft was reregistered as F-PKGQ (the 'P' indicating homebuilt) on July 6, 1972. Redesignated Jodel DRM, the aircraft flew again in the Spring of 1973. The DRM stood for Délémontez (one of the original Jodel designers), Rouet and Moreau."