08/31/2012. Remarks by Walter van Tilborg: "The Société Aéronautique Normande SARL (SAN) company was founded by Lucien Quérey and before it got involved in building several Jodel designs, the company developed this light two-seater shortly after WW2.
The SAN 01 (also referred to as Model A) was modified from a Piper
J3C-65 Cub and it retained the original 65 hp Continental A65 engine. The aircraft featured tandem seating and it was first flown during 1949, registered as F-WFRA. After it received its CofA, it was reregistered as F-PFRA, and since it has had several owners. Presently the aircraft is still active with the Vintras brothers at Oloron-Herrère airport in the French Pyrenees.
A second aircraft was built as a new aircraft by SAN, the SAN B 101 (also referred to as Model B), which had also a A65 engine, but featured side-by-side seating. Registered F-WFUP (c/n 101) it was first flown on November 18, 1950. The SAN B 101 was later reregistered F-PFUP and re-engined by the Aéro-club Maurice Rigoche with an 105 hp Hirth HM504A-2, resulting in an improved overall performance. Its ultimate fate is unknown."