08/31/2012. Remarks by Walter van Tilborg: "The sole example of this original design by Antoine Leglise was first flown in 1959. The two-seater was constructed by members of the Aéroclub de Lons le Saunier. In original form the L-400 had a 65 hp Continental A65 engine, in 1977 this was replaced by a 90 hp Continental C90-8F.
In the early 1980s the aircraft was completely rebuilt by SERAM (Société d'Entretien et de Reparation d'Aéronefs Maconnaise) at the Villefranche-Tarare Airport near Frontenas. Its wing span and length were slightly increased, it received a re-contoured squared-off vertical tail, new undercarriage, and an 100 hp RR/Continental O-200-A. The aircraft was still active in 2012."