WALTER VAN TILBORG COLLECTION
No. 12586. Velox Revolution (N313CW c/n 1001)
Photograph from Velox

Velox Revolution

09/30/2014. Remarks by Walter van Tilborg: "The Revolution was an original design of Charles L. Wolff of Stuart, Florida, USA, and it was flown in prototype form during 1996 and this first aircraft (N313CW) had an 300 hp Lycoming IO-540 engine. The unlimited aerobatics category single-seater (stressed to +/- 12G) used carbon fiber and Kevlar in its construction, and was fitted with detachable wings for easy transport and hangar storage. The type was marketed via Velox Aviation, Inc. for amateur construction, for engines up to 325hp and kits became available during around 1998/1999.

The Revolution II was a tandem two-seat model suitable for training. It had a slightly longer cockpit canopy but the same engine option as in the single-seat Revolution, while its dimensions were also similar."




Created September 30, 2014