03/31/2012. Delivered to the US Army on October 21, 1955, this H-34A was eventually converted to a gunship. Shown is one of several armament configurations tested on this helicopter, and this one consisted externally on each side of (top down):
One 0.30 in (7.62 mm) machinegun.
One 0.50 in (12.7 mm) machinegun.
Twenty 2.70 in (68.6 mm) rockets.
One 5 in (127 mm) rocket.
Furthermore were mounted two 0.30 in (7.62 mm) machineguns in the left side rear window, and a single 0.787 in (20 mm) cannon in the right side door.