11/30/2011. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk: "The Do 12 was first flown on June 23, 1932, fitted with a 220 hp Argus As 10 eight-cylinder air-cooled inverted V-engine. As shown above it was subsequently re-engined with a 230 hp Gnome-Rhone 5 Ke (license-built Bristol Titan) five-cylinder air-cooled radial engine.
In 1935 it was sold to the MIVA (Missions-Verkehrs-Arbeitsgemeinschaft, missions transport association) with the famous 'Flying Priest' Peter Schulte as pilot. It was named 'Das Fliegende Kreuz' (The Flying Cross).
In 1936 the Deutsches Forschungsinstitut für Segelflug (DFS - German Research Institute for Soaring Flight) used the aircraft for towing trials at the Bodensee, towing the DFS Seeadler glider."