01/31/2015. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk: "The C.VIII was a three-seater reconnaissance and light bomber built in 1928. The semi-cantilever wing was plywood covered and the steel-tube fuselage by fabric and aluminum sheet. Powerplant was a 600 hp Hispano-Suiza 12Lb twelve-cylinder water-cooled V-engine. Armament was one downward firing gun in rear cockpit plus two ring-mounted machine guns in the central observer's position. This type was designed in accordance with a Dutch LVA (Luchtvaartafdeling, Air Service) request for a larger reconnaissance and observation aircraft than had been available up to 1928. Originally, the wing span was 46 ft 0 in (14.03 m) but this was increased to 49 ft 2.6 in (15.00 m) with a consequent improvement in performance. Only one example was built and this was serialed 651 by the LVA.
A floatplane version of the C.VIII was used by the Dutch Navy for sea reconnaissance duties, nine were purchased in 1929, serialed G.1 to G.9. This larger version differed in many details from the C.VIII, including considerable relocation of the cockpits, while the powerplant was a 450 hp Lorraine-Dietrich engine."