10/31/2008. Designed by the Société Française du Gyroplane this helicopter was produced by the Société Anonyme des Ateliers d'Aviation Louis Breguet at Villacoublay-Velizy. The three-seat experimental helicopter was fitted with a 240 hp Potez 9E-00 nine-cylinder air-cooled radial engine driving two three-blade co-axial, contra-rotating rotors. The helicopter was first flown on May 21, 1949.
Heavily underpowered the helicopter was re-engined with a 450 hp Pratt & Whitney R-985-SB5 nine-cylinder air-cooled radial engine and redesignated G.III. Test were concluded in 1951, were after the helicopter was donated to the Musée de l'Air.