01/31/2006. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk
: "Built under licence by the Canadian Car & Foundry, Grumman building 24 airframes of the 56 delivered. One delivered to the Fuerza Aerea Nicaraguense on March 21, 1938, s/n GN-3, struck off charge only till 1942. It was discovered in Nicaragua by J.R. Sirmons (from Oklahoma) in 1961 and locally restored to flying condition in the FF-1 configuration. In this form it flew again in February 1966 and was was transferred to the US in June 1966. That fall it was acquired by Grumman and further restored to the FF-1
configuration before being presented to the Museum of Naval Aviation, Pensacola, Florida, on June 9, 1967."