06/30/2009. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk: "Paul Legrand, an engineer with the French engine manufacturer SNECMA, and Michel Simon, engineer with the aircraft manufacturer Breguet, designed and built the LS 60 to the specifications issued in 1958 by the SALS for a light aircraft for general training and club flying, intended for quantity production.
Plans for the side-by-side two-seat LS 60 were presented to the contest jury on June 1, 1960, and it was declared winner. Subsequently the prototype was constructed at the Breguet works. Powered by a 90 hp Continental C90 14F engine, the prototype was first flown on April 27, 1961. Initially registered as F-WJSA, after certification it was reregistered F-BJSA.
The intended quantity production fell through due to political and economical reasons, therefor the sole LS 60 was given a restricted certificate for amateur constructed aircraft, hence the 'P' in the shown registration F-PJSA."