RON DUPAS COLLECTION
No. 4856. Duramold F-46 (N19131 c/n 5000)
Photographed ca. 1937, courtesy The Fairchild Corporation
The fuselage of the F-46 was constructed of two
half shells of wood and plastic materials (resin) formed and cured
under heat and pressure. This process invented by Col. Virginius E.
Clark was called Duromold, later changed to Duramold.
Created January 15, 2006