Photographed at Fancher Field, Wenatchee, Washington, USA, September 1969, by Ron Dupas
09/30/2010. Designed by Rudolf Kaiser the Ka 6 was first flown in 1955, and by the year 1970, more than 1,200 Ka 6 had been built. The most popular version was the Ka 6CR, of which 700 were built. The pictured Ka 6CR-Pe was a rare version of which only ten were produced. As indicated by Brian Evans
, the 'Pe' in the designation stood for 'pendulum elevator', meaning it was fitted with an all flying tail.