05/31/2010. The first series aircraft of Kreider-Reisner was the three-seat
C-2A Challenger of 1927, powered by a 90 hp Curtiss OX-5. After the 1929 takeover by Fairchild the aircraft was redesignated KR-31, an 100 hp Kinner K-5 powered version was designated KR-31B, and in all about 167 were produced. It had the distinction of being the only plane design (excluding wartime military planes) produced by six different companies: Detroit, Fairchild, Hammond, Kreider-Reisner, Parks, and Ryan.
The Curtiss OX-5 powered NC10290 was produced in 1930, recently it was restored by its owner David J. Short of Warrensburg, Missouri, becoming the 2009 Antique Grand Champion of the Wisconsin Chapter of the Antique Airplane Association.