Photographed at Farnborough, UK, ca. 1962-1964, by Tony Banham
03/15/2007. Remarks by Tony Banham
: "Originally built as a Type 359 Spitfire F.Mk.VIII in 1944, RAF s/n MT818. In 1946 it was converted to the Type 502 Spitfire T.Mk.VIII two-seat demonstration trainer. First it carried the 'Class B' marking N-32
but later it was registered as G-AIDN. At the time of the photo G-AIDN was owned by John Fairey, the aircraft is shown in the colours of the Hampshire Flying Club. It was de-registered on July 3, 1986 and sold to the USA and registered N58JE on August 13, 1986 and is still registered to a private owner in Oregon."