12/31/2010. The Fokker Model 14, marketed as the F.14 seven to nine passenger monoplane, had two distinctive features in the positioning of the wing above the fuselage and the pilot situated to the rear of the passenger cabin. Construction was of the normal Fokker type but the fuselage top was of corrugated duralumin. A 525 hp Wright R-1750-3 Cyclone nine-cylinder air-cooled radial engine powered the F.14.
It was followed by a more powerful version, the F.14A, with the 575 hp Pratt & Whitney Hornet engine. Dimensions remained the same but top speed was increased to 145 mph (233 kmh) and gross weight became 7450 lb.
In addition to its civil use the F.14 was adopted by the U.S. Army in 1931 who flew it as a cargo and a transport aircraft the C-14. One of these Y1C-14s, as they were originally designated, was converted into an ambulance aircraft, carrying three stretchers and two attendants, and was designated Y1C-15 type.
The majority of the military models had the 525 hp Wright R-1750-33 Cyclone engine installed but a few variants were experimentally fitted with other types. The Y1C-14A s/n 31-400 c/n 1434 was powered by a 575 hp Wright R-1820-7 Cyclone, the C-14B s/n 31-381 c/n 1413 with a 525 hp Pratt & Whitney R-1690-5 Hornet, while the Y1C-15 and a civil F-14 (c/n 1422, ex NC10775, s/n 32-398) became C-15A's when fitted with a 575 hp Wright R-1820-5 Cyclone and three-bladed propeller.