11/30/2009. Remarks by Alfred Damen: "Built at Weybridge this aircraft was the first viscount for KLM, first flown on April 5, 1957, it was delivered on June 6, 1957. PH-VIA is painted here in the 1960 colour scheme that came with the introduction of the first DC-8's. It was sold to Air Lingus of Ireland and was deregistered on February 24, 1966.
The aircraft was delivered to Scottish Aviation for servicing and fitting of an all-weather radar, registered EI-AOG it flew again in April 1966, while on May 20, it was baptized 'St. Finian'. On January 30, 1968 the nose gear collapsed while landing at Dublin, there were no injuries. This failure happened again at Bristol, UK on October 7, 1969, after temporarily repairs the aircraft was flown to Dublin, withdrawn from use and scrapped in July 1972."