03/31/2012. The creation of a specially designed colonial aircraft led to the issuance of the COL 3 program in 1930. To fulfill roles like day and night reconnaissance, bombing, passenger transport and medical evacuation. By 1931, nine versions of a three-engined colonial aircraft were studied by several manufacturers.
The D.43 design resumed the Dewoitine studies for a high-winged three-engined civil transport, like the D.31. However, the 250 hp Hispano-Suiza engine was replaced by the 300 hp Lorraine 9 Na Algol type D. Construction the the redesignated D.430 commenced at Toulouse in April 1931, the first flight took place eighteen months later, October 2, 1932. Although the tests were found to be satisfactory, the D.430 was not ordered in production due to its high costs.
In 1934, the prototype D.430-01 was converted into a ministerial transport plane, and re-engined with Clerget 9T engines in 1937, it was redesignated D.432-01. The D.430 was a cantilever high-wing monoplane and was equipped with an independent wheel keeled landing gear and carried four droppable fuel tanks. Depending on the mission, three or four passengers could be added to the crew of three.