04/30/2012: Powered by a 310 hp Junkers L-5 six-cylinder water-cooled in-line engine, this A 35 two-seat general purpose aircraft, was built at Dessau, Germany in 1926. It was transferred to the Junkers subsidiary Aktie Bolaget Flygindustri in Limhamn, Sweden. Registered S-AAAZ in March 1926, it was used for demonstration purposes.
It was modified for military purposes and fitted with a machinegun it became an armed observer, designated R 53, being reregistered S-72 on December 1926. It was used again as a demonstrator by Flygindustri till September 1928, when it was transferred back to Junkers in Germany, where it was registered D-1502. Five years later, October 1933 the aircraft was registered to Lufthansa. Its ultimate fate is unknown.