02/28/2008. From 1950 to June 30, 1976, Air America was covertly owned and operated by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), initially through American Airdale (a holding company), later reorganized into Pacific Corporation on October 7, 1957. Under the slogan "Anything, Anywhere, Anytime, Professionally", Air America supplied and supported covert operations in Southeast Asia, including Burma, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
B-831 was built during WW II and delivered to the USN with BuNo. 08060.
After the war it was sold to Maritime Central Airlines, Charlottetown,
Prince Edward Island, Canada, registered as CF-HTO. In November 1958
it was acquired by CAT (Civil Air Transport), another CIA airline
operating through Pacific Corporation, and registered as B-831 in
Taiwan. It was transferred to Air America in March 1959. In April 1966
it was stored at Tainan and scrapped on April 25, 1968.