03/31/2009. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk
: "Utilizing a Savoia-Marchetti design, powered by a 210 hp Kinner C-5, this four-seat amphibious aircraft was the first to be of stainless steel construction, only the wings were covered with fabric. Constructed by the Edward G. Budd Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, the aircraft was first flown in 1932. It toured through the USA and Europe, once making an emergency landing in the Alps, and later sinking in 4 ft (1.2 m) of water, however, both times it was repaired to fly again. It was withdrawn from use in 1935 and since has been on display in front of the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia."