DAVID HORN COLLECTION
No. 9437. Cox-Klemin CK-2 US Army Air Service
11/30/2009. Charles Cox and Alexander Klemin formed the Cox-Klemin Aircraft Corporation at College Point, New York in 1920. For the 1924 Corps Observation competition the company produced two aircraft, which they designated CO-1, powered by a 470 hp Napier Lion engine, and CO-2, powered by a 400 hp Liberty 12 engine. Respectively assigned the Project numbers P-377 and P-379 they were tested by the USAAS at McCook Field, Ohio, and rejected. Both aircraft were returned to the company, which closed its doors in 1925.
Created November 30, 2009