06/30/2009. Rollason Aircraft and Engines Ltd. was founded at Croydon Airport in the 1930s by Capt. William Rollason as Rollason Aircraft Services Ltd. Initially an aircraft service and overhaul company, it started to built the French designed Druine D.31 Turbulent aircraft under license in 1957.
The first Rollason built D.62 was first flown in May 1961, registered as
G-ARHZ (c/n PFA/247). The side-by-side two-seat trainer with a fixed tail wheel undercarriage, was powered by a 75 hp Continental A75, that was later changed to a 90 hp Continental C90-14F. The first two production aircraft, designated D.62A (G-ARVZ c/n RAE.606, G-ASEU c/n RAE.607), were fitted with an 100 hp Rolls-Royce Continental 0-2QO-A
From c/n RAE.608 Rollasons shortened the fuselage by 4 in (0.10 m) and, from c/n RAE.612, the aircraft were fitted with flaps, designated D.62B. Eventually Rollason produced 48 Condors, four of these were D.62Cs, fitted with an 130 hp Continental 0-240-A.