12/15/2017. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk
: "The Gothaer Waggonfabrik developed the WD 7
into the twin-engined WD 11 torpedo aircraft, beginning in August 1916, seventeen units were built. Compared to the WD 7 the new type had much larger dimensions and the designers Rösner and Klaube changed the propulsion system. Instead of pulling propellers, the Daimler II engines mounted on the lower wing were fitted with pusher propellers. The aircraft, armed with a flexible machinegun mounted on the fuselage nose, was able to carry an 1,600 lb (726 kg) torpedo. It achieved a top speed of 75 mph (120 kmh) and had a range of 311 mls (500 km)."