02/28/2009. Remarks by Kees Kort: "The Aviatik company at Vienna, Austria, that produced this big three-engined bomber, designed by the brilliant designer Julius von Berg in 1917/1918, had no relation with the German Aviatik company.
The aircraft was powered by one 340 hp Austro-Daimler twelve-cylinder tractor engine and two pusher Hiero 230 hp six-cylinder engines, a total of 800 hp. Owing to late delivery of the engines the machine could fly first in March 1918. At that moment the bomber squadrons of the Fliegertruppe used the German Gotha G.IV, and further development of the Aviatik 30.23 was halted.
After the war the machine was confiscated by the Italians under the terms of the Peace Treaty."