02/28/2009. Remarks by Kees Kort: "The Deutsche Flugzeugwerke (DFW) Mars was a big three-bay biplane developed in 1912, also known as the
Pfeil-Mars (Arrow-Mars) denoting the arrow shape of the 59 ft 0.7 in (18 m) span wings of the very reliable and excellent performing aircraft.
One machine flew on the Turkish side in the Bulgarian-Turkish war of 1913, being flown then by a German pilot, Mario Scherff. At the start of the Great War the machine was already obsolete for front use, but it did service as a trainer till 1915. View also photo 11499.
DFW developed a rather similar machine as a monoplane, which was called the Mars Eindecker (Monoplane)."