03/31/2009. Designed by Lieutenant G.H. Millar, chief technical officer of the RNAS Experimental Flight at Eastchurch, Isle of Sheppy, Kent, UK, where it was also partly built, this aircraft was completed at the Marine Experimental Aircraft Depot, Port Victoria, Isle of Grain (just 7 mls, 11 km to the north-west). Subsequently designated P.V.8, it became commonly known as the Eastchurch Kitten.
The diminutive lightweight single-seat airship interceptor was to be operated from platforms on seagoing vessels. It made its first flight on September 1, 1917, however, the aircraft's 35 hp ABC Gnat two-cylinder engine suffered problems from the start. It went missing after being packed for shipment to the USA in March 1918, where it never arrived.