JOHAN VISSCHEDIJK COLLECTION
No. 2582. Aérospatiale SA 341G Gazelle (N52BT c/n 1075) "Blue Thunder"
Photograph from Columbia Pictures

Aérospatiale SA 341G Gazelle

12/31/2008. The "Blue Thunder" was a converted Gazelle, originally produced in 1973 it was registered as N94494 to G.D. Turner of Vought Helicopters on August 7. On September 25, 1973, it was reregistered to N777GH, being subsequently operated/owned by Holley & Beck, F.R.B.C., Mocomb c.q. P. Bosco & Sons, and Moceri before it was purchased Columbia Pictures on August 19, 1981.

It was converted to the "Blue Thunder" by Cinema Air in Carlsbad, California, with assistance from Hughes Heliciopters for the systems. The entire cockpit was removed and replaced by new cabin with flat windows. All sorts of simulated equipment were added outside and inside the cabin. Supposedly it had:


Created May 21, 2003