This aircraft was built at Chester as a DH-104 Mk.4 Devon C.Mk.1 in 1949, delivered to 207 Squadron of the RAF as WB531. In the mid-1960s it was converted to a DH-104 Mark 8 Devon C.Mk.2. The conversion included the replacement of the 340 hp de Havilland Gipsy Queen Srs.70 engines by 400 hp Srs.70 Mk.3s. Also the glass canopy was removed to store more radio equipment. It went on the civil register as G-BLRN, became N531BW before re-entered on the UK register as G-BLRN in 1990. On January 12, 2000, it was registered to J.F.M. Bleeker, of Bergen, the Netherlands till April 25, 2005.
Being crated for several years it was discovered by Ingo Presser
of Air Incentive Classic and transferred to Stadtlohn-Vreden,
Germany where Gehling
refurbished it and restored in the colours of LTU that operated a
simular aircraft in 1957-1958 also registered as D-INKA.
airliner is now operated VFR and IFR on request for pleasure flights.
For more photos of this aircraft visit the "Bildgalerie"
(photo gallery) on the LTU-Classic