10/31/2006. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk: "The Aero Ae-145 was a development of the Aero Ae-45 (first flown 1947) and the Aero Super 45 (first flown 1954). The four-seat, twin-engine Ae-145 first flew in 1959 and was produced by Let till 1963. It was used as air taxi and also as liaison and air ambulance aircraft. The type is powered by two 140 hp Walter Minor M332 four cylinder inverted in-line piston engines. The engines use 16 gal (60 l)/hour of usual unleaded gasoline while reaching a max. speed of 150 kt (173 mph, 288 kmh).
D-GASA was built in 1959 and had the previous identities OK-NHF and G-AROE. Of the 162 aircraft produced, only three are still flying in Germany, this one being refurbished by Gehling.
Gehling Flugtechnik GmbH has been involved in the restoration and maintenance of many vintage and extraordinary aircraft: Ae-145, An-2, DH-104, AT-6, T-28, PZL-106, Yak-9, Yak-11, Yak-52, etc."