Photograph from Flight, taken at Port Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia, 1934
Aeroplane Photo Supply (APS
) Photo No. 1419
04/19/2007. Remarks by Johan Visschedijk
: "This aircraft was first flown by Short's Chief Test Pilot John Lankester Parker from the river Medway, Rochester, Medway, UK, on September 24, 1930. In 1931 it joint 203 Squadron at Basra, Iraq, eventually all six built Rangoons were stationed at Basra. In 1934, S1433 and two other Rangoons flew to Australia to attend the Victorian centenary celebrations at Melbourne. This photo was taken at one of the stops en route. The Rangoons were transferred to 210 Squadron at Gibraltar in September 1935 and eventually withdrawn from use in July 1936. Five were scrapped, S1433 appeared on the civil register as G-AEIM although for a short period as it was scrapped in 1938."