Originally built as a Sunderland Mk.III and delivered to the RAF as JM719. This aircraft was converted to a Mk.V and later it was one of three converted to a Sandringham Mk.7, registered as G-AKCO to B.O.A.C. In October 1954 it was sold to Australia and registered to Capt. P.G. Taylor. It was sold to RAI (Réseau Aérien Interinsulaire) of Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia in 1958 and registered as F-OBIP it served their network on the islands till it was withdrawn from use in 1970.
It was donated to the Museé de l'Air et de l'Espace, Le Bourget,
Paris, France in 1980. Displayed outdoors it was damaged by a storm
and has since been stored. Presently it is being restored for display.