JOHAN VISSCHEDIJK COLLECTION
No. 6882. Avro 706 Ashton Mk.1 (WB490 c/n 1395) Ministry of Supply
Photographs from Avro and Military Aircraft Photographs (MAP), taken 1950

Avro 706 Ashton Mk.1

09/30/2007. Original known as the Avro Tudor Mk.9, this was one of the six aircraft built for the MoS, and was used to collect data on the actual operations of jet engines at high altitude and made its first flight on September 1, 1950 at Woodford, Cheshire. View also photo 8417.

Created September 30, 2007