02/28/2010. Dutchman Harmen Pander and his son Henk formed the Nederlandse Fabriek van Vliegtuigen H. Pander & Zn. (Dutch Aircraft Factory H. Pander and Son) at the Hague, in 1924. The company designer and constructor Theo Slot produced a series of aircraft of which the Pander E appeared in 1926, of which seventeen examples were built in several version, depending on the powerplant. The EC 11, of which six were produced, was powered by a Czechoslovakian 85 hp Walter Vega five-cylinder air-cooled radial engine.
Completed in early 1928, PH-AEX was sold to the Dutch cigar and cigarillo manufacturer F.M. Houbear and registered as such on February 18. Eight days later Houbear received dispensation for showing the registration on the aircraft and was allowed to show the cigarillo brand name 'Sopla' in large on the wings and fuselage, in such becoming the first advertising aircraft of the Netherlands. However, the company used it for only six months as it was handed over to the NLS (Nationale Luchtvaart School, National Aviation School) on August 20, 1929.
The aircraft was registered to the NLS on October 26, 1929 and flew with the school till it was destroyed in a non-fatal crash at Soesterberg on April 4, 1934. It was deregistered on June 7, 1934.