11/30/2010. Design of this version of the P.64 Oscar four-seat light aircraft was started in November 1966 and construction of the prototype began in January 1967. The prototype P.64B Oscar B flew in the first half of 1967, powered by an 180 hp Lycoming 0-360-A1A four-cylinder horizontally-opposed air-cooled engine. This version was subsequently redesignated P.64B Oscar 180.
Improvements introduced included a "stepped down" rear fuselage and panoramic rear cabin window, giving an all-round field of vision. In addition to the 73+ examples built by Partenavia, the Oscar 180 was also produced by AFIC (Pty) Ltd of Johannesburg, South Africa as the RSA 200.
A second version, the P.64B Oscar 200, had improved performance resulting from the installation of a 200 hp Lycoming IO-360-AIA fuel-injection engine, and was first flown in May 1970. As the takeoff gross weight increased from 2,425 lb (1,100 kg) to 2,546 lb (1,155 kg), this version is also referred to as the Oscar B-1155.