Text on back: "Pan American's new and exclusive radar-equipped Super-7 Clippers (Douglas built DC-7C's) are the fastest and quietest of all over-ocean airlines in the world."
Remarks by Jack McKillop:
"This aircraft was delivered to Pan
American World Airways of New York, New York, USA, on April 28, 1956,
registered N734PA and named "Clipper Bostonian" it was
subsequently renamed "Clipper Seven Seas".
In 1959-1960, it
was converted to a DC-7CF freighter and was placed in storage at
Miami, Florida, USA, in late 1965 and re-registered N7344 in 1965.
The aircraft was sold to Liberty Air, Inc. of Monrovia, a leasing
company, on February 2, 1965 and later sold to International Aerodyne,
Inc. who leased it to Airlift International of Miami, Florida,
for short periods of time in 1965, 1966 and 1967.
The aircraft was
then leased to World American Airlift of Fresno, California, USA, in
the second half of 1968 and then by CJS Cargo Services, of Houston,
Texas, USA, in 1970. CJS subleased it to Aeronaves del Peru of Lima,
Peru. In 1978, the aircraft was sold to Advance Airlines and
re-registered N244B. It was scrapped at Farmerville, Louisiana, USA,
on September 5, 1978."