Aeroplane Photo Supply (APS) No. 3913
07/31/2012. A development of the A.E.G. G.II
, the G.III first appeared at the end of 1915 and went into service in the early summer of 1916. It had a much increased wing span, balanced and overhung control surf aces and two 220 hp geared and handed Mercedes D.IV eight-cylinder, water-cooled in-line engines. The G.III was armed with two defensive machineguns and could carry a 661 lb (300 kg) bomb load. Only small numbers were built, twenty G.III's being in service in October 1916; they served in Macedonia as well as on the Western Front.